Greetings from the NIS PTA!
The NIS PTA is a very active group that supports students, teachers and parents in many ways. The PTA:
- Broadens the dimensions of NIS education through hosting fun-filled events and sponsoring improvements.
- Advances the moral, academic, cultural, and physical growth of the students by sponsoring or supporting activities organized to those ends.
- Supports teachers through offering volunteer workers to help with copying, laminating, binding and other tasks;
- Helps the school with a variety of events, including medical screening, school photo day, open houses, graduation ceremonies, etc.;
- Organizes language, aerobic, cooking and craft classes for parents;
- Raises funds through activities and projects to support NIS and its students.
- Facilitates communication and promote understanding and cooperation among students, parents, teachers, administration, and the NIS Board of Directors.
- Helps to strengthen the relationship between the home and the school.
- Donates funds raised to a variety of causes to better the school, enabling the school to purchase needed equipment and supplies, and also supports the scholarship portion of the school’s Annual Giving Fund.
You’ll find our PTA multicultural and very warm and welcoming!
- The Executive Committee consists of a President, Co-Vice Presidents, Co-Treasurers, Co-Secretaries, the PTA Representative to the Board of Directors, Co-Events Coordinators, the Headmaster, and a Faculty Representative. The Executive Committee meets monthly. The Annual General Meeting, open to all PTA members, is held each May/June. The AGM sees the election of new Executive Committee members and votes on major funding allocations.
- Standing Committees to date: Translator Committee, Japanese and Korean
- PTA Volunteer Wednesday: Each Wednesday morning from 9:00 – 10:00/12:00 is Volunteer Wednesday, a time when parents can assist teachers with extra copying, laminating, or other jobs, and work on the fun tasks connected to the PTA events that help to enrich our students, teachers, and parents school lives. Each school grade is assigned two Wednesdays in the school year to come and help out with PTA activities. Of course, we welcome to all parents to participate more often too!
The PTA contributes weekly to NIS’s Happy Friday E-bulletin, a weekly newsletter, where details on PTA events and other school information can be found. This same information is also posted on the PTA Wiki pages and the hard copies of the links are sent home with the students.
The NIS PTA welcomes and invites questions, concerns, or suggestions about the PTA activities. Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.