COVID-19 Risk Management Procedures
2021 NIS Summer Program Campus Safety Procedures
This document is for parents to explain how NIS will welcome students for the 2021 Summer Program. It draws upon advice and/or regulations taken from the local and national educational and health authorities in Japan. Please understand and cooperate accordingly to ensure the safety and health of all of our Summer Program students and staff.
General Safety Measures: The 3 Cs and General Hygiene
NIS will, to the best of our ability, welcome students and staff to a safe school environment which is mindful of the below risks, known in Japan as the ‘Three Cs,’ as follows:
- Close contacts (avoiding getting too close to others because there is a danger of spreading infection)
- Closed settings (avoiding spaces that are closed up, with poor ventilation)
- Crowded settings (avoiding areas with lots of people where physical distancing is hard)
These ‘Three Cs’ are supported by four pillars of general hygiene, as follows:
- Staying home if unwell
- Washing hands thoroughly with soap as often as you can (and using sanitizer when you can’t access water)
- Avoiding touching your face
- Minimizing and cleaning shared surfaces/items
In addition, masks are to be worn by students at all times unless instructed otherwise by a teacher (e.g. for lunch, for physical activity when not physically close to others).
Working from these frameworks, the following are the guidelines and requirements that will be in place for both Summer Program sessions.